Monday, January 15, 2007

Shaker Jelly Cabinet



This is one of the many furniture pieces I now offer on my site for purchase. The Shaker jelly cabinet shown here is made from Southern Yellow pine. The exterior finish is a Yellow Cupboard milk paint with a "Old World" Cream top coat and crackle finish which shows the yellow milk paint. After a few days of drying the whole piece is waxed with a darkening stain beeswax.

This is one of the most requested furntiure pieces I have made for people who often use it for their kitchens or bathrooms. I have done this work as a painted distressed pine cabinet like the one I show but using many different colors. Or as a more formal piece, I have done the same piece using cherry or maple wood. All the knobs are hand made and the hardware is aged to make the whole piece feel many years old.

The interior has four shelves that are fixed to the piece and stained or painted depending on the client's desire. I use this particular cabinet in my art studio alot and I like the overall size of the piece a great deal. Not too tall about four feet in height to be specific...

No comments: