Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Baker's Cabinet with Punched Tin Panels


This is a just completed Baker's Cabinet and is one of the finest pieces I have made for a client.
The client lives in a wonderful home in MA. and they were so nice to work for.

The cabinet is to be used in an older Colonial inspired kitchen, so while the interior has modern shelves with pullout drawers to get to pots and pans, the rest of the cabinet is made to look old.

The exterior is painted pine that has been distressed and worn look. Red over cream with crackle finish on the panels. The back is beaded pine with crackle cream painted over stained wood . The effect allows the cabinet to fit with the rest of the home's interior. The punched tin panels above add to the piece to make it a standout in the home.

Now I have to make another one for my wife...

1 comment:

Ken Dubrowski said...

Hi, Ranger I outsourced them from a company called Pierced tin.http://www.piercedtin.com/
They are a god company and I use them for all my punched tin work.